You may be required to register in order to be granted access to certain information, services and/or products at this Site. At the time of registration, you may be prompted by one of our online forms to provide certain personal information to us, including your name, company name, and email address.
Use of Your Personal Information
The personal information that you provide to Relias Learning, may be stored, processed, and used by Relias Learning and its affiliates for the following purposes: (a) to provide information about our company, products and/or services, including updates, notifications, and details of any offers or promotions; (b) to assist us in improving our products, services or the content of this Site; (c) to contact you to participate in a market research survey, so that we can gauge customer satisfaction and develop better products; (d) for our own internal marketing and research purposes; (e) to promote user groups; (f) to make this Site or service easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing this Site or service to your particular interests or preferences; (g) to analyze information for trends and statistics. We may also provide this information to an agent acting on Relias Learning's behalf in connection with the activities described above.
You also hereby grant to Relias Learning a perpetual, non-cancelable, worldwide, non-exclusive right to utilize any data that arises from the use of this Site or any Relias Learning or its affiliates’ products by you for any legitimate business purpose, including the right to sublicense such data to third parties, subject to all legal restrictions regarding the use and disclosure of such information.
Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms, and Live Chat
From time to time, portions of this Site may allow you to post information which other visitors to this Site will be able to access (such as on a "bulletin board" or during an interactive "chat" with other visitors). In the event that you choose to post information in this context, it becomes generally available to the public, and we have no ability to control or limit its use by visitors to our Site. By posting the information on this Site you are providing Relias Learning and its affiliates the right to use the information in connection with the operation of Relias Learning's business. Therefore, we encourage you not to post any information you consider private or sensitive on this Site. Additionally, you may participate in live chat sessions with members of our sales organization. Information included in a live chat may be used to provide additional marketing communications to you, and you agree to receive those communications by participating in the live chat session.
Relias Learning's Site, software, and services do not target, and are not structured to attract, children under the age of 13. Relias Learning does not collect any registration information from users who indicate they are under the age of 13. If Relias Learning discovers personal data from a child, Relias Learning will eliminate that data.
Regarding visitors to our Site:
- We collect aggregate information on what pages are visited in order to assess and improve the content of our Site.
- Our web server does not automatically recognize information regarding individual users, e.g., domain name or email address.
- Military users only: we may collect Social Security numbers, DoD ID and dates of birth for the purpose of identifying and tracking learning activities into military data systems, strictly on an as-necessary and voluntary basis.
- We disclose information that we in good faith believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of institutional policies.
- We disclose information when required or authorized by applicable law.
Registered users of Relias Site activities:
- As a provider of online educational services, we electronically collect certain information required by certifying authorities, accrediting bodies, licensing boards or governmental agencies. We store this information on our servers. In the online medium, detailed affirmation of a users' identity and their actions while using our Site is necessary to verify the legitimacy of course participants.
- The Site utilizes industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under its control. While there is no such thing as absolute security on the Internet, we will take reasonable and prudent steps to promote the security of the personally identifiable information which you provide.
- We do not share our registrant's information with third parties, except as described herein, when allowed or required by applicable law, or with your permission.
- We ask participants to complete a knowledge test as part of a continuing education activity in order to provide feedback concerning the participant's understanding of the content.
- We ask participants to evaluate continuing education activities in order to improve these and future activities.
- Participant email addresses are collected to provide password reminders and other correspondence necessary for fulfilling customer requests. If you want to change your status at a later time, you can opt-out of email notifications on the registration page for Internet courses or you can contact us to change it. (See contact information below.)
Other Uses or Disclosures of Information
We may use the information you provide to contact you:
- To check on potential verification problems, e.g., duplicate registration for the same activity.
- To ask for more detail about information you have provided, e.g., on your suggestions for improvements.
- To inform you that additional continuing education activities are now available at our site, if you requested this notification.
Relias is the sole owner of the information collected on this web site.
Site activities are not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
Certain sections or pages on the Site may contain separate terms and conditions, which are in addition to these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, the additional terms and conditions will govern for those sections or pages.
This policy and use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the other provisions and shall not affect the validity of the other provisions.
Security of Information
To protect the privacy of personal information provided by you, Relias Learning employs industry-standard controls including physical access controls, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring. Additionally, only authorized administrators and staff have access to systems containing such information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.